- Men's Rights Activists: THIS IS NOT FAIR. MEN HAVE PROBLEMS TOO.
- Black Men: We're constantly demonized by mainstream media and are targets of police brutality.
- Gay Men: We face discrimination and hatred and are denied marriage and job security.
- Trans Men: We are outcasts and are denied medical care, our lives are constantly under threat and our gender is always under scrutiny and policed by others.
- Men's Rights Activist: ....
- Men's Right Activist: Y-Yeah, but... a Feminist was mean to me...
It’s a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you’re ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.
Police officers in Ferguson, Missouri, have begun wearing body cameras after weeks of unrest over the shooting death of an unarmed black teen by a white officer and sharply differing accounts of the incident, officials said on Sunday.
Michael Brown, 18, was shot multiple times by Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson on Aug. 9, sparking nearly three weeks of angry protests in the St. Louis suburb and drawing global attention to race relations in the United States.
Law enforcement and witnesses gave differing accounts of what transpired before Brown was shot, with police saying the teen had struggled with the officer. Witnesses say Brown held up his hands and was surrendering when he was shot multiple times in the head and chest.
The discrepancy has revived calls for officers across the county to be outfitted with body cameras to help capture an accurate record of police-involved incidents.
- me: (thinks something mean)
- me: dont be fucking rude